Crepes are one of those things that I thought were so complicated, it would take a days worth of practice to learn. Then, I saw them do it in the middle of the Parisian streets. While their recipe may have been more rich- this recipe is a great, at home alternative.
Fill it with almonds, almond butter, and bananas for a filling breakfast. Add strawberries and whipped cream for a fun dessert or breakfast, too! Each one can be made with any fillings you like. For best results, fill the crepe starting with the sides. Then, roll the filled side toward the center and over the other side. That way, you get an even layer of filling throughout!
I have never used an actual crepe pan, but I think this one from Amazon would be a fun addition to crepe making!
In the spirit of minimalism, I use my large Stainless Steel Chef Skillet from Cuisinart. I love that I can use this skillet for so many things. It is not nonstick, so just make sure you prepare it with either cooking spray or butter before each crepe attempt.
Are you ready to travel around the world through food? Check out these other great recipes and make your own family EPCOT!
Mexican – Keeper Of Our Home
Thai – Harbor Home
Dutch/Frisian – Brambleberry Meadow
Arabic / Middle-Eastern – Flower in the Weeds
Spanish – Road to Health and Healing
Ethiopian – Happy Homeschool Adventures
Brazilian – My Home Your Home Our Home
Almond Butter, Banana Filled Crepes
- 1 ¼ Cups Milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 Tsp Vanilla extract
- 1 Cup flour All Purpose
- 1 banana sliced
- 3 tablespoon almond butter divided
- ¼ cup almonds sliced
- Using a whisk or a fork ix milk, eggs, and vanilla together until well combined.
- Add flour and mix until smooth batter forms.
- Use nonstick spray or butter to make sure your skillet is ready and nonstick!
- Heat your skillet over medium heat.
- Pour ½ cup batter into the skillet and swirl until it covers most of the skillet. It needs to be a thin layer, too much batter won’t work well.
- Cook it for about 2 minutes or until it easily pulls away from the skillet.
- Using a spatula, flip to the other side and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Remove from skillet, transfer to a plate.
- Repeat with batter until it’s gone.
- Add 1 Tbs almond butter and ⅓ sliced banana to each crepe. To make it easier to roll, start with an outside edge and spread ingredients from top to bottom (rather than filling the center).
- Roll crepe into rolls, top with sliced almonds, and dust with powdered sugar if desired.
Are you planning a trip to Paris any time soon?
Of course, you will want to try their crepes! You will see a few vendor carts set up with a lot of different options. I recommend a Nutella Crepe...which would also be a great home creation!
If you want some trip ideas, check out this post called 5 Things You Won't Want to Miss in Paris!