Sea Salt, Caramel, and Apple Oatmeal
- 4 cups water
- 2 apples, green chopped
- pinch of salt
- 4 cups old fashioned oats
- ¼ cup chia seeds
- 1 container Caramel, Sea Salt Hummus
- 1 cup almonds sliced
- ¼ cup vanilla protein powder optional
- In a large pot over medium high heat, simmer 3 chopped apples, dash of salt, and 4 cups of water for 10 minutes.
- Add 4 cups steel cut oats, ¼ cup chia seeds and turn off heat.
- Add 1 container of Caramel, Sea Salt Hummus, and almonds and stir until well combined.
- Add ¼ cup protein powder (optional) and 1 more cup of water as needed. It's ok if it looks a little watery, it thickens when stored.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 1-2 weeks. To reheat: spoon a serving from the container, add ½ cup water or milk, and reheat in microwave for 30-45 seconds or until warm.