Don't be fooled by the long ingredient list, this dish comes together quickly and is totally worth it! We use soybean pasta often but regular pasta is great too. Serve with a side of french bread like they'd do in Nola.
Cajun Shrimp Pasta
- 1 cup broccoli fresh or frozen
- 1 cup asparagus fresh or frozen
- 1 cup green beans fresh or frozen
- 1 cup peas fresh or frozen
- 1-2 cups zucchini noodles or chopped zucchini
- 1 Tablespoon garlic
- 2 Tablespoons red onion diced
- ¼ cup butter 4 Tbs
- diced tomatoes a can of rotel works great!
- 8 oz cream cheese
- ½ cup chicken broth
- ¼ cup Cajun Seasoning
- 1 Tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 Tbs chicken broth
- 1 bag shrimp peeled, deveined, uncooked, thawed or fresh
- ½ cup grated fresh parmesan cheese
- Boil them all in a large pot of boiling water for 1 minute.
- Remove them from the pot and blanch them in ice water, drain.
- Boil pasta according to package instructions. We used Soy Pasta from Aldi (with 24g protein per serving!) and strain. Reuse the pot again (3rd time because I’m not trying to do dishes). 3. In the same large pot (now empty)
- Saute 1 Tablespoon garlic, 2 Tablespoon red onion, diced, ¼ cup butter
- Add diced tomatoes (a can of rotel works great!) and 8 oz cream cheese
- Add ½ cup chicken broth and ¼ cup Cajun Seasoning
- Stir 1 Tablespoon cornstarch + 2 Tbs chicken broth together (for thickening)
- Add to the pot, stir
- Add 1 bag peeled, deveined, uncooked, thawed or fresh shrimp and let it boil for 3 minutes or until fully pink and opaque
- Add the strained pasta and stir until all is mixed
- Sprinkle with ½ cup grated fresh parmesan cheese (optional) and place the lid on. Once all is warmed and mixed it’s ready to enjoy!