Cajun Shrimp Boil
Our Favorite Summer Time Meal
- Large Stock Pot
- 10 cups water
- 1 cup Cajun Seasoning
- 1 pound new potatoes small
- 4 ears of corn halved to make 8 smaller pieces
- 1 container Conecuh Sausage sliced
- 2 pounds shrimp ½ pound per person as general rule of thumb
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil over high heat.
- Add 1 pound small new potatoes and boil for 15 minutes
- Add Conecuh sausage to potatoes and boil for another 15 minutes.
- Add corn to the pot and boil another 15 minutes.
- Add 2 pounds of shrimp and boil 5 minutes.
- Turn off heat and strain food into a colander. Serve on a large platter (or a huge trash bag like we do in the summer)