Carrot Cake Oatmeal
Servings: 10 Cups
- 2 Bananas overly ripe
- 4 cups water
- pinch of salt
- 8 ounces Mascarpone cheese
- 4 cups old fashioned oats
- 1 container of carrot cake hummus
- ¼ cup chia seeds
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 Tablespoon almond extract
- 1 Tablespoon butter extract
- ¼ cup vanilla protein powder optional
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- ½ cup raisins
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- Add the 2 bananas, 4 cups water, and pinch of salt to a dutch oven or large pot. Bring to a boil and let simmer for about 10 minutes. The banana will serve as a sweetener. After it boils, mash the banana so it is blended well- you don’t want large pieces but no need to work too hard on this step.
- Turn off the heat, add the Mascarpone or other cheese, and stir.
- Add in oatmeal, then hummus. If you don’t have the hummus, it’s totally fine- keep going!
- Stir well and add all other ingredients.
- Mix well and store in an airtight container for 1-2 weeks in the refrigerator. You can store this 3 months in the freezer.
- When you are ready to eat it from the refrigerator, add water or milk to 1 cup of the oatmeal and heat in the microwave for about 1 minute.