The perfect chocolate chip cookie is easier than you think!
With a few simple ingredients, you can have delicious cookies on hand. Make a batch of dough and store them in the freezer for a last minute treat. Simply take them from the freezer, slice them, and bake them until golden brown.
Of course, you could always go ahead and make a batch to enjoy right now!
I’m not saying that I make the best chocolate chips cookies ever. Because I know there are varying opinions… chewy, crunchy, soft, crispy…people care.
I am saying that a lot of people have told me that I make the best chocolate chip cookies ever. So, either I make the best cookies, or I hang out with the best people…or maybe both!
Anyway, here’s the recipe so that you can decide for yourself!
Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Baking Sheet
- Ice Cream Scoop for big cookies, Tablespoon for small cookies. Measuring Spoons
- 2 sticks butter unsalted, browned in oven (1 cup)
- 2 cups brown sugar light
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 cups flour all purpose
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 bag chocolate chips semi sweet
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- Melt 2 sticks of butter in the oven. I always just put it in a small oven safe dish and let it sit in the oven while the oven preheats. But be careful not to let it burn.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer (or a bowl if using a hand mixer) cream the 2 cups of brown sugar with 2 sticks of melted butter. Careful not to over mix.
- Add 2 eggs and mix until just incorporated.
- Add 1 tsp vanilla extract and mix. Again, careful not to over mix.
- Combine the dry ingredients (3 cups flour, 1 tsp salt, 1 tsp baking soda) except the chocolate chips. Whisk them together so they are well incorporated.
- Add the dry ingredients (except the chocolate chips) to the wet ingredients. Mix until all of the flour is incorporated.
- Add in the chocolate chips and mix again.
- Using an ice cream scoop for large cookies (about 6 on a baking sheet) or a tablespoon measuring spoon for smaller cookies (about 8 on a baking sheet) place the cookies on a baking sheet. Leave enough space so they have some room to spread slightly.
- Bake for 11-13 minutes and watch them closely.
- Remove them from the oven and let them cool for 5-10 minutes before transferring to a cool surface.
Favorite Tools for the Perfect Cookies:
I really like making these cookies in this cast iron skillet, slightly under-baking them, and then topping it with ice cream!
Ice cream scoops help portion out the perfect cookies. Traditionally, they are 1/4 cup and are similar to this one. More recently, I started making smaller cookies and found a smaller scoop size to help out. You can find that here.
You can definitely mix these by hand but if you have a Kitchenaid Mixer, use the paddle attachment like this one to be sure you get an even mix without overmixing!
Other Recipes You May Like:
Join over 2,000 people in The Healthy Weight Roadmap Course!
In this course, you learn practical and manageable tips to finally achieve a healthy weight without constantly being on a diet. Meal plans and exercises help create a balanced lifestyle that involves eating the occasional, delicious, home made cookie!