Whether you’re planning for kid’s snack or adults, these energy bites are perfect! They also make a great quick grab breakfast for busy weekday mornings.
The base is pretty simple - peanut butter, oats, and honey. From there, you can add any flavor you like! Chocolate chip and peanut butter are of course great options, but any nut butter works! If you need a choice for school, try sunflower butter. It’s allergy free and accepted in allergy friendly schools.
Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Energy Bites
- 1 Cup Oatmeal old fashioned oats (for gluten free, choose gluten free oats)
- ½ Cup honey
- ½ Cup peanut butter creamy (natural)
- 2 Tablespoons chia seeds
- ¼ Cup chocolate chips
- ⅛ Teaspoon salt sea salt
- mix all ingredients together well. I used an electric mixer but by hand works too!
- using a small ice cream scooper ( about 1 Tablespoon) or a spoon, scoop 1 Tablespoon of mixture into your hands and roll it from form a ball.
- place it on a sheet of parchment paper and repeat. When you have formed all of the mixture into individual balls - about 1 Tablespoon each, place them in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours. I usually do overnight.
- once they are firm, place them in an airtight container for up to 7 days. Keep them refrigerated until you’re ready to put them in a baggie for on the go! Or simply grab them from the refrigerator when you’re ready for a snack.