A warm winter chowder perfect for cozy nights.
Servings: 6 servings
- Dutch Oven
Make a Roux
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
Add more liquid
- 3 cups water
- 1 cup clam juice 8 oz bottle
- 2 cups peppers red and green, chopped
- ½ yellow onion diced
- 3 cups Russet Potatoes chopped (about 2 large potatoes)
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic minced
- 1 cup half and half
- 1 cup milk 2% (any milk works fine here)
- 4 (11 oz) cans white shoepeg corn rinsed and drained
- Start by making a roux: In a large pot or dutch oven, melt 2 tablespoons of butter over medium heat. Whisk in 3 Tablespoons flour until well combined.
- Add in 3 cups water and 1 cup clam juice and whisk until there are no lumps.
- Add 2 cups chopped peppers and ½ diced onion.
- Add in chopped potatoes and bring to a boil for about 15 minutes until potatoes are tender.
- Reduce heat to low.
- Add ½ teaspoon salt, ¼ teaspoon pepper, 1 teaspoon minced garlic, 1 cup half and half and return to a boil over medium heat.
- Stir in 1 cup milk and 4 cans of corn.
- Reduce heat to low and let simmer until thickened or about 20 minutes.
- Serve right away or store in the refrigerator for up to 7 days, freezer for 3 months.
Try these other recipes that are perfect for a dutch oven!
Shredded Chicken (Can be used for so many weeknight recipes!)
And of course, any type of oatmeal!