As with any recommendations, please check with your own healthcare team to see if these vitamins could work for you and your family.
If you're like me, you've had a stuffy toddler for a while now!
That's a good reason to add these vitamins to the daily routine in hopes of getting back to good health- one family member at a time.
I love Dr. Green Mom products, but they are probably one of the pricier options. Instead, I went with Mary Ruth's Organics. I trust Mary Ruth's products for all of the essential nutrients because I know they are refined sugar free, free of dyes, and are overall great products. They had a Black Friday sale, so that also helped! These vitamins are expensive to put together, but so is a sick visit at the pediatrician's office. Here's hoping these products help keep us illness free for the remainder of the winter!
What to Add
Vitamin c products I like are Mary Ruth's Organics. Vitamin C is a great additive for the winter months. I am a full advocate of getting most nutrients from food, but in the winter months, extra vitamins can help fight off colds and can support the immune system.
Elderberry Syrup is a great additive to help support the immune system as well!
I would also add zinc, but my zinc came in a day late so I will be adding it next time!
Manuka Honey- I recently became interested in Manuka because I read an article that it can be helpful with chemotherapy side effects. As I started researching more, I think there are many reasons to like Manuka Honey. The higher MGO the better and most studies suggested at least 850 MGO for benefits. Again, an expensive ingredient but I am hopeful it will make an impact on illness in our house this winter!
This beef gelatin is a great option for a natural thickening agent and came in a large pouch. It should last a while!
DIY Vitamin Gummies
- 1 Saucepan
- gummy molds silicone
- 1 oz Vitamin C supplement liquid
- 1 oz Multivitamin liquid
- 2 mL Elderberry liquid
- 6 Tablespoons Beef Gelatin
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup pomegranate juice
- 1 Tablespoon Manuka Honey optional
- Mix 6 Tablespoons Beef Gelatin and water together in a bowl. Set aside.
- In a small saucepan over low heat, heat the pomegranate juice until warm but not bubbling.
- Combine other ingredients in a small bowl- whatever liquid vitamins you are using and the manuka honey.
- Add Beef Gelatin/water mixture into the small saucepan of warm pomegranate juice and stir until well combined. Let cool until it's warm, not hot.
- Add all other ingredients to the saucepan and stir.
- Use a dropper to put the warm liquid into each mold. If you are not using a mold, just pour it into a baking dish like you would gelatin. You can cut it into small squares for kids and large squares for adults as needed.
- Cool in the refrigerator for 2 hours or until firm. Once firm, pop out of mold and into an airtight container. Store for up to 3 months.
Molds to Use
I got these molds that are for 1 mL fluid. Mainly because they are for my toddler and I wanted to be sure a small amount was an option without having to break the bears in half. I also wanted to keep the vitamin content appropriate for her age. For adults, I recommend larger bears or even just using a flat dish and cutting squares into sizes you like.
I hope this helps keep your family well this winter season! The original recipe can be tweaked however you want. Get creative and add what you think your family will like.