Poppy Seed Chicken
Easy, Weeknight Comfort Favorite.
Servings: 4 people
- 1 Pot to Boil Chicken
- 1 Casserole Dish
- 2 pounds chicken cooked and shredded
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 4 Tablespoons Corn Starch or Flour
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1.5 cups Ritz Crackers crushed, about 1 roll of crackers
- 1 stick butter melted; or ½ cup
- 2-3 Tablespoons poppy seeds
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a 9 x 13 casserole dish, layer the 2 cups of shredded chicken on the bottom.
- Pour about ½ cup of chicken broth into a bowl and add 1 Tablespoon corn starch and mix well with a fork. Add the remaining corn starch 1 Tablespoon at a time and mix well in between additions to create a slurry.
- Pour this slurry into the remaining 1 and ½ cups of chicken broth and mix well.
- Slowly add the chicken broth corn starch slurry into 1 cup of sour cream and mix.
- Add 1 teaspoon salt and 1 teaspoon of pepper.
- Pour the mixture over the shredded chicken and spread evenly.
- Evenly spread the 1 cup of crushed crackers on top.
- Pour the ½ cup (1 stick) of melted butter over the crackers.
- Cover with 2-3 Tablespoons of Poppy Seeds.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.
- Serve over Rice or Egg Noodles!