If GameDay makes it back to us in 2020, these sandwiches should be on the sidelines. If there is no GameDay, go ahead and make these so you can adequately pretend Saturday's are normal.
French Dip Sandwiches
- Slow Cooker
- 3 pound Beef Round Roast
- 1 medium white onion sliced
- 1 cup banana pepper juice
- ½ cup banana peppers
- 1 Tablespoon garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ Tablespoon Rosemary
- ½ Tablespoon Thyme
- 1 Tablespoon Worcestershire Sauce
- 3 Cups water
- For the sandwich:
- 3 Bell peppers multicolored, sliced
- 2 white onions sliced
- 1 Tablespoon Butter
- Provolone cheese 6 slices
- 2 loaves French Bread
- Place Beef, banana peppers and juice, sliced onion, garlic, salt, Rosemary, Thyme, Worcestershire Sauce. And water in a slow cooker.
- Slow Cook on high if less than 8 hours, and low if more than 8 hours. Low is better and will take around 9 hours.
- About an hour before the slow cooker is finished, In a large pot or Dutch oven, combine sliced onions, peppers, 1 Tablespoon butter, and some salt.
- Place the lid on the Dutch oven, and cook the onions and peppers on medium heat for about 30 minutes, stirring occasionally so they don’t burn or stick to the bottom of the pot.
- Slice the french bread in 2 inch slices.
- Split the bread open and add ½ slice provolone to the bottom slice of bread.
- Remove beef from slow cooker and shred using forks or a mixer.
- Place about ¼ cup shredded beef on each 2 inch slice of bread, top with onions and peppers, and place on a baking sheet.
- Repeat until all bread is used.
- Broil on high for about 1 minute, watching closely as bread will burn.
- As soon as cheese is melted, remove baking sheet from oven.
- Serve each sandwich with a small bowl (ramekin) of the au jus from the slow cooker.
Leave a Reply