How To Make a Quiche
- Mix milk, half and half and eggs
- Add other ingredients that you like- sun-dried tomatoes, bacon, goat cheese, whatever!
- Bake in a pie dish at 375 degrees for 25-30 minutes
Goat Cheese and Spinach Quiche with Bacon
- 1 Pie Dish 9 inch
- 1 cup Half and Half
- ½ cup Milk
- 3 Eggs
- 2-3 Ounces Bacon about 6 pieces or 2-3 ounces
- 1 cup Spinach stems removed and loosely chopped
- 2 ounces goat cheese
- Preheat Oven to 375 degrees.
- Prepare a 9 inch pie dish with non stick spray or butter. I use spray avocado oil. Since this is crustless, you want to make sure it's well oiled or the eggs will stick.
- In a small bowl, whisk the 1 Cup Milk, ½ Cup half and half, and 3 Eggs together.
- Chop 1 cup of spinach and add it to the milk and egg mixture.
- Mix in chopped bacon pieces.
- Pour into the prepared pie dish and use a fork to make sure all ingredients are spread out evenly through the dish.
- Crumble the 2 ounces of goat cheese over the top.
- Bake for 25- 30 minutes or until it looks golden and fluffy.
Should quiche have a crust?
Traditionally, quiche has a crust, but this crustless quiche gives you a great, protein rich breakfast option that is gluten free and low carb. It's delicious and healthy. Of course, for a heavier meal, a pie crust is a nice treat!
Can I use things other than bacon and goat cheese in a quiche?
Of course! you can make the quiche however you like. The base of milk and eggs is very open to any flavors you like. In the summer, I love tomatoes, basil, and mozzarella. Bacon is a nice addition when you have left over bacon from another dish. I could also see breakfast ham and cheese or sausage added. Get creative and make it how you and your family would like it.