Summer tomatoes and veggies are my favorite thing! With the season just around the corner, it's time to start creating delicious, light recipes.
Beachside, poolside, or simply after a long work day, this dish is such a refreshing salad. It is delicious by itself, paired with a protein for dinner, or even as a dip with some pita chips! To make it a larger salad, simply put it on top of a bed of romaine or other crunchy lettuce and add more dressing. It's a versatile and delicious dish!
Summer tomatoes, cucumbers, purple onion, and feta are the main ingredients to the simple salad. Red wine vinegar, olive oil, and Italian seasonings bring it all together.
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 4 medium cucumbers
- ¼ purple onion
- 2 ounces feta cheese
- Red Wine Vinegar
- Olive Oil
- Italian Seasoning
See recipe card for all quantities.
This dish is super simple! All you need to do is chop each ingredient.
Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and mix well.
Hint: It's even better the next day so make it at the beginning of the week and you'll have it ready to go all week long!
This recipe is already gluten free, low carb, and vegetarian. Add Kalamata olives if you want a more Greek spin.
- If you want to add protein, chicken would be a good option.
- You could also serve this with a delicious salmon or other light fish.
Add more vinegar to taste if you'd like!
- Flavor- you can also add a prepared Italian or Greek Dressing if you want more dressing flavor!
You'll only need a good knife, cutting board, and a large bowl.
This can be stored for up to 7 days covered in the refrigerator. I love to pack some each day for work and I only had to make it once!
These ingredients don't stand up well to freezing.
Tomato, Cucumber Salad
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes chopped
- 4 medium cucumbers chopped
- ¼ purple onion diced
- 2 ounces feta cheese crumbled
- ¼ cup Red Wine Vinegar more or less to preference
- ¼ cup Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoon Salt sea salt
- 1 Tablespoon Italian Seasoning
- Chop all vegetables.
- Add them all to a large bowl and add remaining ingredients.
- Mix well and enjoy! Store, covered in the refrigerator for up to 7 days.