|Blanched, stewed and frozen. Ready for fall!|
After taking some to work to share, I needed to find another solution. Canning makes me a little nervous and despite their delicious summer perfection, I didn’t feel like I had a lot of time to devote to tomato preservation. I delivered this BALT to Anna and her mom, Jan while she explained how to freeze the tomatoes.
- A dozen summer tomatoes (or all the summer tomatoes you can manage)
- About 4 cups boiling water in a large pot
- 2, one gallon sized Ziploc baggies
- Sauté pan
- Blanch the tomatoes:
- Cook the tomatoes in boiling water for about 1 minute.
- Remove transfer to ice water or cold water and let cool completely. This is when the skin begins to separate.