BALT or Bacon, Avocado, Lettuce, and Tomato is one of the greatest combinations ever! Whether it's a salad or a sandwich, it's the best with fresh, ripe summer tomatoes!
More of an assembly than a recipe, the name is pretty self explanatory.
- 2 cups green leaf lettuce
- ½ cup bacon cooked, crumbled
- ½ avocado sliced or cubed
- 1 tomato sliced or cubed
- Layer all ingredients and to with your favorite dressing!
What Type of Dressing Should I Use?
This salad is pretty simple so the dressing opportunities are endless! I am not a huge mayonnaise fan, but most people would agree Ranch goes well with it! I prefer this Creamy Avocado Ranch.
Creamy Avocado Ranch Dressing
- Food Processor or Blender
- Measuring Spoons
- ½ avocado ripe
- ½ cup sour cream light
- 1 heaping teaspoon garlic minced
- 2 tablespoon chives fresh, finely chopped
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- ½ cup + 2 tablespoons milk add more or less to reach desired consistency
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor and blend until smooth.
- For a thicker consistency, use less milk. For a thinner dressing add more milk 1 tablespoon at a time to reach desired consistency.