How Do I Roast Vegetables?
- Gather vegetables with similar cooking times. Carrots and sweet potatoes work well.
- Add onions, salt, and olive oil.
- Roast on a baking sheet at 425 for 45 minutes to 1 hour or until edges are browned and vegetables are soft.
It's that simple! Roasting can be applied to all types of vegetables, too. Brussels sprouts, squash, and zucchini all make perfect roasted vegetable options, too! But the carrot, sweet potato combo is the best for fall dinners like Thanksgiving!
Roasted Root Vegetables
Servings: 8 ½ cup Servings
- sheet pan
- sharp knife
- 5 Medium to large carrots
- 5 Large sweet potatoes
- 1 8 oz Package pearl onions
- ½ Cup olive oil
- ½ Tablespoon sea salt
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Wash and peel sweet potatoes and carrots.
- Cut sweet potatoes into large cubes and place the on a baking sheet.
- Remove ends of carrots. Cut carrots into 1 inch pieces and place them on the baking sheet.
- In a medium sized pot, bring water to a boil. Once boiling, add pearl onions and let them boil for 1 minutes. Remove them from the water and let them cool. Trim tips off with a knife and squeeze them to pop off the skin.
- Add the peeled onions to the baking sheet.
- Drizzle olive oil over top and toss the veggies in the olive oil making sure to coat all the vegetables.
- Sprinkle ½ Tablespoon sea salt on the vegetables and toss again to evenly coat the vegetables.
- Bake at 425 degrees for 45 minutes or until vegetables are roasted and soft.