Summer grills are heating up and our favorite thing to grill is a good steak!
What can you do with leftover steak? I've never been one to waste food and that is even more true now with inflation. I'll freeze anything - except lettuce- tried that.
This salad recipe will help use any leftover steak the next day. Add some crunchy lettuce, corn, black beans, and onions and you've got a salad for any meal.
Southwest Steak Salad
Great Use of Leftover Steak
Servings: 2 salads
- 1 Tablespoon Butter
- ½ purple onion medium, sliced thin
- 1 cup sweet corn rinsed and drained
- 1 cup black beans rinsed and drained
- 6-8 ounce steak cooked
- 4 cups lettuce romaine or green leaf
- 1 cup cheddar cheese shredded
- Using a cast iron skillet, melt 1 tablespoon of butter and add the purple onions. Sautee until cooked, about 3 minutes
- Remove the onions to a plate or cutting board. Using the same skillet, grill the corn for about 2 minutes on each side.
- Remove the corn to a plate or cutting board. Using the same skillet, grill the black beans for about 2 minutes on each side. Remove the black beans to a plate or cutting board.
- Finally, using the same skillet, re heat the steak by cooking on one side for about 2 minutes, then flipping to warm the other side. Careful not to overcook.
- Divide lettuce into 2 plates and top with the purple onion, corn, black beans, and steak. Top with shredded cheddar cheese and salad dressing of your choice. Enjoy!
Leave a Reply