This large batch recipe will give you plenty of delicious oatmeal for the fall season. It is so easy to grab and go that it quickly became a morning favorite!
Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal
- Dutch Oven
- 4 cups water
- pinch of salt
- 2 cups old fashioned oats
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 1 can pumpkin puree
- 1 container Pumpkin Pie Hummus optional
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp ginger
- 1/4 cup vanilla protein powder optional
- In a large pot over medium high heat, boil 4 cups of water.
- Add 2 cups old fashioned oats, 1/4 cup chia seeds and turn off heat.
- Add 1 container of Pumpkin Pie Hummus if using, add 1 can pumpkin puree, and almonds and stir until well combined.
- Add remaining spices- cinnamon, nutmeg, and ginger.
- Add 1/4 cup protein powder (optional) and 1 more cup of water as needed. It’s ok if it looks a little watery, it thickens when stored.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 1-2 weeks. To reheat: spoon a serving from the container, add 1/2 cup water or milk, and reheat in microwave for 30-45 seconds or until warm