This oatmeal base is the perfect foundation for any combination of oatmeal you could ever make. The ingredients are pantry staples so you'll always have a nutritious breakfast on hand. Make the base, then let your creativity run wild. Think Carrot Cake Oatmeal, Chocolate Cherry Oatmeal, or Oatmeal Cookie, the opportunities are endless!
- Dutch Oven
- Measuring Cups
- 2 Bananas overly ripe
- 4 cups water
- pinch of salt
- 8 ounces Mascarpone cheese goat cheese, or Greek Yogurt (goal = creaminess)
- 4 cups old fashioned oats
- ¼ cup chia seeds
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 Tablespoon almond extract
- 1 Tablespoon butter extract
- ¼ cup vanilla protein powder optional
- Add the 2 bananas, 4 cups water, and pinch of salt to a dutch oven or large pot. Bring to a boil and let simmer for about 10 minutes. The banana will serve as a sweetener. After it boils, mash the banana so it is blended well- you don’t want large pieces but no need to work too hard on this step.
- Turn off the heat, add the Mascarpone, other cheese, or greek yogurt and stir.
- Add in oatmeal, Stir well, and add all other ingredients.
- Mix well and store in an airtight container for 1-2 weeks in the refrigerator. You can store this 3 months in the freezer.
- When you are ready to eat it from the refrigerator, add water or milk to 1 cup of the oatmeal and heat in the microwave for about 1 minute.
Add anything you want to make a more delicious oatmeal variety. For ideas see this post for 3 Oatmeal Recipes.
Leave a Reply