Lots of cookie recipes recently have been cake mix cookie recipes and I get it, that is super easy to do and can be useful in a pinch. But, what if you had cookie dough on hand at all times? I like to freeze half a batch of cookie dough any time I make it so I can easily bake cookies any time!
Try this easy cookie recipe and never buy store bought again! You'll be happy you did, I promise!
Egg Free Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
- Baking Sheet
- Ice Cream Scoop for scooping out dough
- 2 sticks butter, unsalted browned in oven (1 cup)
- 2 cups brown sugar light
- 1 Cup Applesauce unsweetened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups flour, all purpose
- 1 cup Oats old fashioned
- 1 Tablespoon Cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup Raisins
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- Melt 2 sticks of butter in the oven. I always just put it in a small oven safe dish and let it sit in the oven while the oven preheats. But be careful not to let it burn.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer (or a bowl if using a hand mixer) cream the 2 cups of brown sugar with 2 sticks of melted butter. Add the 1 cup of applesauce. Careful not to over mix.
- Add 1 teaspoon vanilla extract and mix. Again, careful not to over mix.
- Combine the dry ingredients and mix until they are incorporated.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients. Mix until all of the flour is incorporated.
- Using an ice cream scoop for large cookies (about 6 on a baking sheet) or a tablespoon measuring spoon for smaller cookies (about 8 on a baking sheet) place the cookies on a baking sheet. Leave enough space so they have some room to spread slightly.
- Bake for 11-13 minutes and watch them closely.
- Remove them from the oven and let them cool for 5-10 minutes before transferring to a cool surface.