In the fall, and especially around the holiday table, salad can take the back burner, but this beautiful fall salad deserves a front row spot at your next gathering!
This was inspired by my spring salad recipe, and pairs well with this pumpkin, butternut squash soup recipe.
Simple, seasonal ingredients make this salad a hit at any fall gathering.
- Mixed Greens
- Mandarin Oranges, cuties, or other fresh, small orange
- Pomegranate seeds
- Goat Cheese
- Red Onion
See recipe card for quantities.
Use cranberries to make this feel even more festive. You can also replace goat cheese with feta if you prefer.
You can store in the refrigerator, but once it's all piled together, it'll ruin more quickly. If you must store leftovers, be sure to top the salad with paper towels. Then, seal the container with the paper towel inside to soak up some moisture.
Orange, Pomegranate, and Walnut Salad
- 4 cups spring mix lettuce
- 1 cup Mandarin Oranges or Cutie Oranges fresh and peeled
- 1 pomegranate seeds from the pomegranate
- ½ cup Walnuts pieces or halves
- 4 ounces goat cheese crumbled
- Start with spring mix and add all ingredients.
- Top with your favorite dressing. Good options are balsamic or citrus vinaigrettes.
Leave a Reply