In the summer when zucchini is plentiful, this is the perfect dinner!
This post may contain affiliate links for products. Please read the disclosure statement.
Parmesan Chicken and Zucchini Noodles
- Cast Iron Skillet
- oven safe skillet
- 1 tablespoon butter add to skillet
- 2-3 medium zucchini spiralized
- 1 pound chicken breast cut into cutlets
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 24 oz jar marinara sauce
- 8 ounces mozzarella cheese sliced, fresh, or shredded
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- 1. Add 1 Tablespoon butter to a cast iron skillet and place in preheating oven until the butter melts. 2. Spiralize 2-3 zucchini to make noodles (or use store bought zucchini noodles).3. Sprinkle about ½ teaspoon salt over the zucchini noodles and let them drain on a paper towel to draw out excess moisture.4. Make the coating: Put 1 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese and 1 cup bread crumbs in a shallow dish.5.Cut chicken into 4 cutlets and coat each side with the coating and add them to the skillet. 6. Bake for 20 minutes (move on to next step while it bakes), flip and bake for another 10 minutes or until temperature reaches 165 degrees and chicken is cooked through.7.While the chicken is baking, add 1 Tablespoon of olive oil to a large (preferably oven safe) skillet and add zucchini noodles.8. Cook the noodles for about 3 minutes, stirring occasionally so they don’t stick. Then add 1 jar of marinara sauce and stir to combine. Lower the heat to simmer and let it cook while the chicken finishes, stir occasionally so it doesn’t stick. 9. Once chicken is cooked, remove from the oven and place on top of zoodles in the large skillet.10. Top each piece of chicken with about 2 ounces of mozzarella cheese and place a top on the pan.11. Place the skillet back into the oven for about 5 minutes or until the cheese is melted.