Summer has always been my favorite month and that is largely in part due to the wide variety of fruits and vegetables that are available. Peaches from the farmer's market are just one of the ordinary things that can bring you some joy. Grab some next time you're there and make this delicious batch oatmeal recipe. You'll have a nutritious, delicious breakfast all week long!
I usually store it in one airtight container because when eaten at home, it's easy to spoon out into an individual dish to reheat with some added water or milk. If you plan to eat breakfast on the go, you could store this meal prep style in 10 small, airtight containers. I usually put ½ cup in these disposable containers from Amazon.
Then, add water and reheat as needed!
I hope you love this as much as we do! For reference, the protein powder I use is PlantFusion Vanilla, but any kind is fine!
Peaches & Cream Oatmeal
- Dutch Oven
- 4 cups water
- pinch of salt
- 4-8 ounces Goat cheese or Mascarpone Cheese, Greek Yogurt (goal = creaminess)
- 4 cups old fashioned oats
- ¼ cup chia seeds
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 Tablespoon almond extract
- 1 Tablespoon butter extract
- ¼ cup vanilla protein powder
- 2 peaches chopped
- 1 cup walnuts chopped
- Add 1 of the peaches, 4 cups water, and pinch of salt to a dutch oven or large pot. Bring to a boil and let simmer for about 10 minutes. This will serve as a sweetener. After it boils, mash the peach so it is blended well- you don’t want large pieces but no need to work too hard on this step.
- Turn off the heat, add the goat cheese, Mascarpone cheese, or greek yogurt and stir.
- Add in oatmeal, Stir well, and add all other ingredients.
- Mix well and store in an airtight container for 1-2 weeks in the refrigerator. Or, scoop ½ cup into individual containers. You'll get about 10. You can store this 3 months in the freezer.
- When you are ready to eat it from the refrigerator, add water or milk to 1 cup of the oatmeal and heat in the microwave for about 1 minute.