Tai Lettuce Wraps
- ½ large white onion chopped
- 1 bunch of green onions chopped but not including the whites
- 1 Tablespoon minced garlic
- 1-1.5 pound ground turkey or beef
- 3-4 Tablespoon soy sauce reduced sodium
- 1 Tablespoon Peanut Butter
- 1 Tablespoon honey
- 2 Tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- ½ cup carrots chopped (can also by shredded instead)
- Lettuce Boston, Bibb, or Romaine hearts for serving
- In a skillet over medium-high heat, brown the ground turkey/beef
- Once cooked through, set aside to cool (on a separate plate)
- Cook the garlic and white onion in the same skillet over medium heat, stirring frequently.
- After 2-3 minutes, add the meat back in with the green onions, soy sauce, peanut butter, and honey and mix to combine.
- Allow to simmer for 5-8 minutes.
- To serve, spoon a portion of the mixture into an individual lettuce leaf, and wrap! Good served over Jasmine rice, too!