- Dutch Oven
- 1 pound ground beef or turkey
- 2 cans black beans rinsed and drained
- 2 cans kidney beans rinsed and drained
- 4 cans Mexicorn rinsed and drained
- 2 cans diced tomato with green chilis
- 1 12 ounce can tomato paste
- 1 can stewed tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 4 cups water
- In a large dutch oven or pot, brown the ground beef over medium heat.
- Add all other ingredients and bring to a boil.
- Top with your favorite toppings like sour cream, cheese, tortilla chips, cilantro, and avocado.
Taco soup is one of those fall and winter staples. We look forward to cool night and a warm pot of soup. My favorite thing about this dish is that it’s usually inexpensive and from items you probably already have. A lot of times, of we don’t have meat, we just make this a vegetarian meal by leaving out the ground beef. I don’t think you’ll even miss it!
What is in taco soup?
Start with a couple of cans of black beans, a few cans of corn or Mexicorn, some Rotel, and go from there. Add kidney beans to break up the black bean corn ratio! Extra stewed tomatoes can make it seem creamier, but if you only have stewed or diced tomatoes, they work well too!
Remember you can make taco seasoning with a few ingredients and you won’t have to buy pre mixed taco mix ever again. Cumin, paprika, and chili powder are the main things to keep on hand.
What toppings go well with taco soup?
Add guacamole, cheese, sour cream, and chips for the perfect soup combination!