Isn’t that the sweetest gesture ever? It made me smile to see healthy options and not-so- healthy options. It proved how thoughtful this gift really was. Just hours before, we were both discussing a good time to go grocery shopping. This bought us another day.
In taking advantage of this gift, our first meal at home as a married couple was Viola and salad. Which is pretty funny since Viola is pretty much what our entire relationship is based on…remember when I got 100 coupons?
- 8-10 ounces Sirloin steak
- 4 cups Spring Mix lettuce
- 1/2 cup Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
- 1 ear of corn
- 1/4 purple onion, sliced
- 1.5 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 tablespoon Jane’s Crazy Mixed Up Salt
2) cook for 6-10 minutes, flip steak, sprinkle remaining 1/2 tablespoon mixed up salt and cook for another 6-10 minutes, or until steak is cooked to your liking.
3) While steak is cooking, prepare another cast iron skillet with 1/2 tablespoon Olive Oil over medium heat. Grill corn for about 3 minutes on each side. Grill purple onions. Finally, shred the cheese using a grater.
4) Prepare salad by starting with piling the lettuce on a plate. Shave the corn off the cob using a knife, and add it to the salad. Add the grilled red onions and the shredded cheese.
5) Lastly, slice Sirloin steak into strips and add them evenly to each salad.
6) Top with dressing of your choice (vinaigrette if you’re me, Ranch if you’re J.T.)