This Spring salad is the perfect way to use fresh, in season strawberries. Add sliced almonds or walnuts for fat and protein to help keep you full. For cheese, goat cheese, blue cheese, or feta would all work deliciously!
Spring is the best season for fresh lettuce and berries.
Feel free to add your own spin, but this salad starts with spring mix, strawberries, slivered almonds, goat cheese, and a citrus vinaigrette. Blue cheese and feta are both options that go well with this salad, too!
- Spring Mix
- Sliced Almonds
- Goat Cheese
See recipe card for quantities.
Wash and chop strawberries ahead of time so that weekday meal prep is easier.
Start with 2 cups of spring mix and layer all other ingredients.
Hint: if you're prepping for the week, add a paper towel to the salad before you put it in an air tight container. Replace the paper towel every couple of days to preserve the salad. Even better- store the salad and toppings completely separate and build your salad at work.
There are so many options for this delicious salad! Don't be afraid to play around!
- Lettuce - instead of spring mix you can use spinach. Romaine is ok, but not my favorite here.
- Berries - use any kind of berries you like- blueberries and strawberries go well here, but so do raspberries! You can even add some mandarin oranges or fresh oranges as well.
- Cheese- Goat Cheese, blue cheese, feta cheese, and even brie are all great options!
Spring Salad with Strawberries
Prep Time8 minsServings: 1 large salad
- 2 cups spring mix lettuce
- 1 cup strawberries washed and sliced
- ¼ cup almonds sliced
- 2 ounces goat cheese crumbled
- Start with spring mix and add all ingredients.
- Top with your favorite dressing. Good options are balsamic or citrus vinaigrettes.
If you are using this as your main meal, this will keep you full for hours. If you decide to share it and use it as a side salad, this should be about 2 servings.
Choose a good dressing. This type of salad is great with balsamic or citrus type dressing, but won't go well with Italian dressing or any Ranch type dressings. For the sweeter salads like this, I love to make my own Citrus Vinaigrette! Get that recipe here.