This fresh Mexican Street Corn dip, or Elote dip, is the perfect appetizer for a summer party or poolside snack. Cotija cheese and cilantro bring all of the best flavors out. Smoked Paprika is a must, it add the perfect flavor- regular paprika won't do.
Enjoy it with tortilla chips or top a taco with this dip for a burst of flavor! I used fresh corn and cut it off of the cob, but canned corn is perfect and even easier. Either will do.
Mexican Street Corn Dip
- 1 Large bowl
- 1 Large Spoon to Mix
- 5-6 cups sweet corn fresh, or 4 cans sweet corn, rinsed and drained
- 1 can black beans rinsed and drained
- ¼ purple onion diced
- 8 ounces cream cheese 1 package, softened
- 2 Tablespoons sour cream
- 1 Tablespoon lime juice
- ½ cup jalapeno diced, about 4 fresh jalapenos, diced
- 1 teaspoon garlic minced
- 2 Tablespoons smoked paprika
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup fresh cilantro chopped (about 1 bunch)
- ½ cup Cotija cheese crumbled
- If using fresh corn, cut all the corn kernels away from the cob. I used about 5 fresh corn cobs. Save time with canned corn, but be sure to rinse and drain all cans.
- In a large bowl, mix all ingredients until well combined. Top with extra cilantro and Cotija cheese if desired.
- Serve with tortilla chips and enjoy!