This recipe is for a slow cooker, but you can easily do this in a pressure cooker as well! Just add to the pressure cooker and cook for 20 minutes.
This recipe isn't mine. My sister in law shared it with me after she made it on multiple occasions and I couldn't get over how much it tasted like Mexican restaurant shredded chicken. I don't know where it originally came from and I didn't create the recipe, but who am I not to share it with you? It is so simple and so delicious!
I use my own seasonings, but you can easily buy a packet of taco seasoning. If you do, this recipe needs 2 packs of taco seasoning.
Slow Cooker Shredded Mexican Chicken
- Slow Cooker
- 4 chicken breasts boneless, skinless
- 20 ounces Salsa Pace recommended
- 2 limes juiced
- 1 bunch cilantro chopped
- 2 Tablespoons Cumin
- 2 Tablespoons chili powder
- 2 Tablespoons paprika
- 1 Tablespoon Garlic
- ½ teaspoon salt sea salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- Put all ingredients in a slow cooker.
- Cook on low for 8 hours or high for 4 hours.
- Once it's finished, shred chicken and add back to slow cooker.