There is no better use of summer tomatoes than a delicious sandwich! Use any kind of bread you like for this recipe, but be sure to toast it so it holds shape better.
I toast my bread by using the broiler setting on the oven. Toast each side for about 2 minutes each and watch closely as to not burn it!
Bacon, Avocado, Lettuce, and Tomato Sandwich
- 4 slices toast whole wheat
- 8 slices bacon cooked
- 1 avocado
- 4 leaves green leaf lettuce
- 1 tomato sliced
- Toast each slice of bread.
- Slice the avocado in half and remove the pit. Use ½ an avocado for each sandwich.
- Use a spoon to scoop out ½ of the avocado and evenly spread the avocado on each piece of toast. Using 2 slices of toast per sandwich.
- Top one slice of avocado toast with tomatoes.
- Top another slice of the avocado toast with lettuce.
- Layer 4 pieces of bacon over the lettuce side of the toast.
- Place the bacon layered slice facing the tomato on the other slice and put them together to make the sandwich.
- Repeat for the second sandwich.