Sunday mornings have slowed so much for us since COVID began. We no longer jump up and get ready for church. Now, we watch church online while we eat Sunday Breakfast.
I miss going to church each weekend, but I also love the slowness of our new Sunday routine.
These pancakes have been in our Sunday morning routine for a couple of months now and I think they are here to stay.
- Glass Bowl
- Glass Measuring Cup
- Cast Iron Skillet
- 2 cups sourdough starter fed
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup butter melted
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- Preheat the cast iron skillet over medium heat and add a little butter to the skillet.
- Mix the ingredients together and stir between each addition. Add the baking soda last and you will see the mixture begin to foam.
- Pour 1/2 cup batter onto the cast iron skillet and let it cook for about 3 minutes. You want to flip them only once.
- Flip, then cook for another 2-3 minutes until slightly browned and cook through.
- Repeat until you have used all of the batter.
- Serve with real maple syrup and nitrate free bacon:)