Make these delicious at home bagels and never need a drive through again. These simple, fast, and healthy treats are perfect to make on a weekend and serve all week long.
How to Make Bacon, Egg, and Cheese Bagel at Home
- Make 2 Ingredient, Healthy Bagels with flour and Greek Yogurt
- Add baked eggs that don't make a mess when eating!
- Top with bacon and cheese.
- Wrap in foil to enjoy on the go!
Forget the drive through, this classic Bacon, Egg, and Cheese Bagel will satisfy your savory breakfast need right in your own home! You can always use store bought bagels, but I would use the thin version. Typical bagels are about 4 carb servings in one- so unless you're running a marathon today, maybe not needed for a general work day- up to you though!
This is a 2 part recipe that is more suitable for weekend cooking. But, they store well in the fridge (or freezer) so they can be reheated throughout the week for fast breakfast on the go.
I layered the bagel twice and found that half a bagel was plenty for breakfast!
2 Ingredient Bagels
2 Ingredient Bagels
- 1 mixing bowl medium sized
- 1 baking sheet
- parchment paper
- 1 cup Self Rising Flour
- 1 cup Greek Yogurt, Plain
- avocado oil cooking spray or other natural cooking spray, or egg wash
- 4 tablespoons Everything But the Bagel Seasoning optional*
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a Silpat baking sheet.
- In a medium bowl, mix the 1 cup self rising flour with the Greek yogurt.
- Lightly dust surface with flour or use parchment paper to roll out dough. Keeping some flour on your hands will help work the dough.
- Once the dough is smooth and combined, separate it into 4 sections.
- Roll each section into a ball or into a long roll shape. If you roll it into a ball, simply poke a hole in the middle with your fingers to create a bagel shape. If you roll into a long roll, bring both ends together forming a bagel shape.
- Place each new bagel on your baking sheet and spray with avocado oil spray or brush with egg wash.
- If using a seasoning blend, like Everything But the Bagel, heavily coat the top of each bagel with the seasoning.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until golden. Note the tops do not brown as much without an eggs wash so if they don't look done to you after 25 minutes, pick one up and check the bottom. If you overcook them, they will be tough.
Baked Eggs- Perfect for Fast Food Style Eggs at Home
When I first saw Molly on Girl Meets Farm do this, I couldn't believe this was a thing. I will never go back to randomly trying to load scrambled eggs into a messy sandwich. I hope this changes your life as much as it did mine!
Oven Baked Eggs
- 1 8 x 8 Baking Dish Can really use any size, but the larger you go, the thinner the eggs will be. So cooking time may vary.
- parchment paper
- Measuring Spoons
- 5 large eggs
- ½ cup milk any kind; we use 2% cow's milk
- 1 tablespoons flour all purpose
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Prepare the baking sheet by lining it with parchment paper, spraying with nonstick spray/oil, or coating it with butter. Skipping this step will make a mess- trust me- eggs love to stick to things. Parchment paper is always my favorite route, but make sure there are no cracks or your eggs will leak through.
- In a medium sized bowl, mix the 5 eggs, ½ cup milk, and 1 tablespoon of flour well. A whisk or fork will help make sure all is well incorporated.
- Pour the egg mixture into the prepared baking dish.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until the eggs are set- not runny.
- Remove from oven and allow them to cool slightly before cutting- that will help keep them together. Overcooking will make them rubbery so watch them close to the 20 minute mark. If they are runny still, add a minute and check again.
Assemble the Bagels
- You'll need your bagels and eggs from above. Add bacon and cheese. We use cheddar cheese slices, not American.
- Slice a bagel in half and add cheese to the bottom side.
- Top with slice of the baked egg.
- Top with bacon.
- If doing a second layer, top the bacon with egg, then bacon again, and end with cheese so that cheese touches both pieces of bread.
- Place the top of the bagel on the sandwich and wrap it in foil while it is still warm. This step lets all the cheese and flavors melt together. *Important for fast food copy cat!
- Unwrap after about 3-5 minutes and enjoy!